Inspired a fair bit by some classics from the 90s like Hexen and Heretic, Lichenvale is a first-person slasher out now. This is the first solo release from developer Filip Zemljak, who was previously a Gameplay Programmer at Ubisoft and it comes with Native Linux support (works on Steam Deck too).
"Lichenvale is a first person slasher offering fast-paced melee combat mixed with tactical use of spells and dashing around your enemies developed by ex-Ubisoft employee gone solo dev. Finding yourself trapped in your own nightmares you must battle through nightmarish hordes of monsters representing your innermost fears. Successfully slashing your way out with your trusty longsword will fuel an array of destructive and defensive spells that you can unleash and wreak havoc on your enemies all while dashing or parrying enemy attacks."
- Skill-based fast-paced melee combat in first person perspective with light and strong attacks for offense and parry and dash for defense.
- Variety of destructive and defensive spells fueled by slashing up your enemies.
- A large selection of progressively stronger enemies, each with their own fighting style.
- Various orbs of power scattered across the nightmare which will permanently strengthen your character.
- Campaign mode with hand-crafted levels each with their own unique aesthetic.
- Treasures scattered around levels to further increase your score.
- Hidden collectibles which reveal the connection between enemies and your innermost fears.
You can grab it on Steam.
Last edited by crt0mega on 25 April 2023 at 1:50 pm UTC
QuoteHello, I've planned to add keyboard rebinding latest by the end of the week. I'll inform you here as soon as its added.
Still i mean its just 7€ and the mechanics that are in the game work very well. Just don't expect super in-depth game.
Great to see native linux ports of games!
Last edited by Xpander on 25 April 2023 at 6:02 pm UTC
See more from me