Here we go, now that Proton 8 is out and Proton Experimental has been rebased on top of Proton 8, there's more fixes and improvements coming in for Steam Deck and Linux desktop gamers.
Valve released an update to Proton Experimental on April 26th that includes these newly supported games:
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint.
- Minecraft Legends.
- Company of Heroes: Battle of Crete.
- STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN.
These are fixes from regressions in Proton 8:
- Baldur's Gate 3 no longer launches to a black screen in Vulkan mode.
- Divinity: Original Sin: Enhanced Edition and Divinity Original Sin II: Definitive Edition no longer crash on resolution change.
- Path of Exile no longer crashes.
- GTA V no longer freezes after each key press.
Plus there's these other improvements too:
- Fixed Proton Experimental regression causing Payday 2 to crash on start.
- Improved Elden Ring compatibility compared to Proton 8.0-1. It can still be a bit finicky.
- Fixed memory leak in Trackmania and Ubisoft Connect overlay.
- Added a temporary workaround for EA Launcher crashing. Steam Deck's on-screen keyboard may not pop up automatically while using it.
- Fixed Madballs in Babo: Invasion claiming the game wasn't purchased.
- Fixed PlanetSide 2 launcher.
You can see the changelog here.
Since there's many different Proton versions it can get a bit confusing, so head on over to my beginner's guide on Steam Play and Proton for more info.