Another wonderful update to OpenRCT2 is live, the re-implementation of the classic RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 bringing some new features and plenty of fixes. While it's already fully playable and quite popular, that hasn't stopped the community of developers constantly working to improve it further.
Version v0.4.5 released May 8th adds these new features:
- Adjustments to block brakes with speed control.
- Add Powered Lifthill to Giga Coaster.
- Add new Reversed Trains ride setting to run trains backwards, granting a bonus to ride ratings.
- [Plugin] Add “Car.isReversed” to allow individual ride vehicles to run backwards.
- Add new color options to color dropdown.
- Add large sloped turns to hybrid coaster and single rail coaster.
- Add plugin APIs for research.
- Added Prehistoric ride music style.
- Fairground Organ style 2 with new recordings from Herman's 35er Voigt (Previously known as Bressingham Voigt).
- Add Ragtime style 2 ride music.
There's also these improvements:
- Raise water and land height limits to 254 units/182m/600ft.
- Reduce guests walking through trains on level crossing next to station.
- When marketing campaigns are disabled, disable the Marketing tab in the Finances window.
- Miscellaneous scenery tab now grouped next to the all-scenery tab.
- “Highlight path issues” will now hide wall elements.
- Add prompt before resetting shortcut keys.
- Add colour preset to Spiral Slide using the new colour options.
- Add keyboard shortcut to Keyboard Shortcuts window.
- Performance improvement for the software renderer.
Plus a whole load of bug fixes.
Getting it running on Linux is nice and simple too since they offer an official AppImage and there's also a Flatpak available via Flathub.