BLASTRONAUT is a bit of an indie gem, a mining exploration game about blowing up the world beneath you to collect resources. The latest update is a bit wet.
In the update named Aqueous, the developer has added in a full liquid simulation system, which they said they put a lot of effort into optimizing and ensuring it runs well on the Steam Deck too. Looks pretty great in action too, giving you a world that seems quite a lot more alive with it. Starting to feel a little more like Noita now in a way, although with a very different overall theme.
This update also introduces new large-scale machinery to build, allowing you to get a bit more industrial with your underground mining operations. There's a whole bunch more automation with drones included in this update too, giving you a helping hand moving resources around. Plenty more, here's the highlights of what's been added:
- 1. Liquid simulation.
- 2. Submerged biome.
- 2. Drill machine - converts fuel to resources.
- 3. Pump machine - converts water to fuel.
- 4. Automation with 3 transport drones (storage, crafting, selling).
- 5. Mobile construction mode with 3 construction tools.
- 6. Displaying stats under storage and crafting machines.
- 7. Modules can be added to crafting machines.
- 8. More info about module benefits in the construction view.
- 9. Ability to destroy modules.
- 10. New showcase scenario for the added construction features.
It was already quite fun but a bit lacking in content, however with this update there's quite a lot more to do - great to see it expand. The developer said this update is simply laying the foundation for another big upgrade to come which sounds exciting.
Full changelog here.
Available to buy on Steam. It has Native Linux support and works great on Steam Deck.
See more from me