You retired and wanted to farm but evil creatures just won't leave you in peace, now you have to defend your farm with the help of some veggies. Noxious Weeds: Prologue is the latest take on the craze of Vampire Survivors. Inspired also by the likes of Brotato and Risk of Rain the developer says.
A Prologue is out now so you can try the idea free and I definitely like what I'm seeing here. Seeing evil Avocados running around firing bullets at me, while my little carrot minions fired back was quite amusing. That was funny enough but then giant evil speedy sunflowers start running around and it just keeps getting better.
- Resist waves of enemies through nights and days.
- 20 minutes play sessions
- A variety of upgradeable Tools to wipe out the swarm once and for all. Your belt can carry a maximum of 6; your choices will change the outcome.
- Rescue and team up with the cutest companions. Some will heal you, while others will fight at your side.
- Collect the perfect crop combination to achieve game-breaking builds.
- Accessibility. Tweak monsters' health, speed, and damage to better suit your play style.
- 16 Tools to choose from.
- 2 Playable characters.
- 46 Harvest items for incredible builds.
- 3 Different companions.
- Spring season difficulty.
- 1 Character and 3 crops unlockable through Steam Achievements.
It has a Native Linux build, although using OpenGL by default which crashed for me. However running it with "-force-vulkan" as launch option made it work perfectly. The developer is looking into it. Update: the developer is now using Vulkan by default.
You can try out the Prologue on Steam.