Originally released on Steam back in February, Dark Chess now has a Native Linux version available and it brings some interesting sounding adjustments to the classic to really change how you play. It's Chess but perhaps nothing like what you know it to be.
Adding in Fog of War and a story campaign, it takes the basics of Chess and then flips the whole board. Linux support came along with an update adding in macOS support too and enhancing the lighting.
You can see a full bit of gameplay from the developer in the below video:
- Game-changing feature of Fog of War.
- Fully narrated, story-driven campaign.
- Meet and challenge famous kings and queens.
- All-new visual chess experience.
- Customizable avatars and profiles.
- PvP and chess variatons.
Available to buy on Steam.