Say goodbye to your free time for the next week? Steam Next Fest June 2023 is live and there's lots and lots of demos to feast your eyes on.
Check out Valve's new trailer for the event:
For those mainly interested in Native Linux games, there's quite a few interesting looking demos there including:
- A Void Hope - an atmospheric puzzle platforming adventure that gives off a bit of a Stranger Things vibe.
- Cyber Knights: Flashpoint - squad tactics heist RPG! In a cyberpunk setting ten years in the making.
- Paleo Pines - Create a cozy dinosaur sanctuary.
- Kingdom Eighties - a standalone expansion to the Kingdom series: A singleplayer adventure of micro-strategy and base building, inspired by the neon lights of the eighties.
- Dreamed Away - a story-driven action-adventure RPG with dark elements set in France in the 90s.
- Lueur and the Dim Settlers - miniature survival builder perfect for short and relaxing gaming sessions.
On top of that some of those you may wish to try with Proton that look like they could be great:
- Lies of P - thrilling soulslike that takes the story of Pinocchio, turns it on its head, and sets it against the darkly elegant backdrop of the Belle Epoque era.
- SteamWorld Build - escape a dying planet by building a mining town to dig up vital long-lost technology.
- Viewfinder - challenge perception, redefine reality, and reshape the world around you with an instant camera.
- Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew - another stealth strategy game from the Shadow Tactics team.
See the full event here.
Over the week I will hopefully be highlighting a few, depending on time and what I find interesting. If you find anything especially good, be sure to come back and comment away. Don't forget the Forum to point new finds out after the event or any time.