Free, open source and continuing to expand! Veloren is a multiplayer voxel RPG inspired by Cube World, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dwarf Fortress and Minecraft. Version 0.15 is out now and sounds fun.
It's come a long way recently, so if you've not played for a while it may be time to check it out again. That said, in many ways it's still pretty early on in development with lots still to come for the game. They also have a new trailer to celebrate the release showing off the world a bit more:
Some of what's new includes:
- Our first world boss, the 'frost giga': seek him out if you dare!
- A new dungeon: Adlet caves
- Airships can now be used by players
- Enemy loot is now shared between players
- A reputation system: if you commit crimes, NPCs will remember it!
- Improved AI: NPCs will talk to players and each other about events in the world
- Much richer world simulation: NPCs will migrate and pass on rumours
- You can now choose your character's starting town
- A durability and repair system
- Improved accessibility, performance, bug fixes, and much, much more!
See more on the Veloren website.
Have you checked it out recently? Be sure to let me know your thoughts on it in the comments.