A fresh Steam Beta update was put out for desktop and Steam Deck, it comes with a whole bunch of little bug fixes and improvements. Especially nice on desktop if you have AMD or Intel GPUs.
Here's all that's changed for desktop Steam from July 6th:
- Added playing a sound when displaying a notification toast in desktop mode.
- In Big Picture mode, added playing a sound to some notification toasts where it was previously missing.
- Fixed links not working in account creation and pre-login help dialogs.
- Fixed windows sometimes not updating appearance when clicking maximize button.
- Fixed issue where viewing a user's profile was not working in some older games (e.g Left 4 Dead 2).
- Fixed issue where the overlay was not responding to mouse input when there was a controller configuration loaded that included virtual menus.
- Fixed an issue where the "Invite Friend to Game" dialog didn't work while in a Steam group voice chat channel.
Friends & Chat
- Fixed minimize/maximize buttons not working for chat windows created minimized.
- Add a setting to improve compatibility with window managers that send an unfocus event before every pointer click event, e.g. openbox. This setting can be found in "Settings->Interface->Enable context menu focus compatibility mode". Enabling this setting will fix dropdown menus being unclickable on these window managers.
- Restrict a workaround that prevents a crash on Nvidia GPUs to only activate when we detect an Nvidia GPU. Side-effects for this workaround include window flashing and focus stealing when a steam window is closed, which should no longer affect Intel/AMD users.
As usual, the Steam Deck changes are basically the same, since this is a Steam Client update.
Is there a particular bug you're hoping to be solved soon? Or something you feel Steam is missing? Let me know in the comments box.