After vanishing from Steam quite a while ago in 2021, Betrayer from Blackpowder Games has resurfaced on GOG and it's free to add to your account.
This is a bit of an odd one. The developer seemed to go silent, and then have it delisted on Steam. Their official Twitter account was also silent on it. However, the Wayback Machine shows that Blackpowder Games via their own official blog was acquired by John Ruth and then got turned into some odd news website.
However two days ago it resurfaced as a free game on GOG.com, with no explanation as to why. The official GOG news post doesn't clarify anything either, it just thanked Tyler "tfishell" for helping bring it to GOG and that's it. Weird.
Testing it on desktop Linux with Fedora KDE 38, thanks to the use of Heroic Games Launcher to easily download GOG games it appears to work quite well with Wine-GE. Although, with my NVIDIA GPU I do see a few minor graphical glitches with shiny things like the water having weird spots over them. Apart from that, it performs well and looks good. Another free game to add to your collection - why not.
- Explore large, open environments teeming with danger and discovery. Chart your own course in search of clues and treasures.
- Switch between two distinct worlds featuring different enemies, obstacles, and threats.
- Wield early 17th century weaponry including muskets, bows, crossbows, and tomahawks. Upgrade your arsenal by purchasing or finding faster, deadlier, longer-ranged weapons.
- Charge headlong into battle with guns blazing or pick enemies off quietly. A novel, movement-based stealth system lets you hide in plain sight or use the wind to mask your footsteps.
- Equip ability-enhancing Charms to complement your play style, granting anything from extra health to faster movement to improved stealth.
- Play with the default visual style for maximum eeriness and tension or customize the color and contrast settings to suit your tastes.
Get it free on GOG.