fheroes2 continues to improve the classic Heroes of Might and Magic II, with a new release available now with plenty of tweaks and improvements. This is a cross-platform game engine designed to reproduce the original game but with many improvements to gameplay, graphics, AI, wide-screen support, bug fixes and UI improvements. Giving another classic game another fresh life on modern platforms.
Here's what's new in v1.0.6:
- Speed up resource loading and overall rendering.
- Fix multiple issues with button rendering and add in-game pixel correction for many images.
- Improve AI behavior on the Adventure Map for hero and castle handling as well as for interaction with some objects.
- Allow to lower the campaign difficulty during playthrough.
- Create basic Map Editor GUI (accessible only for developers at the moment).
- Over 20 bugs are fixed since 1.0.5 release.