In the latest Steam Beta Client update for desktops, Valve has added a new option to let you view Steam Deck Verified status. Valve's changelog for desktop notes they added "a setting to display Steam Deck compatibility information in the library while not on a Steam Deck".
You can find it in Settings -> Library at the bottom with a checkbox to turn it on:
When turned on, it will enable you to hover over any item in your Steam Library and see the Steam Deck Verified rating icon on the cover art as shown in the image below for Deep Rock Galactic. Hopefully they will add the option to just show it on them all without needing to roll your mouse around your entire library, they could definitely make that side of it more useful for users.
On top of that, enabling the setting also shows it inside the main library page for each individual game like in the shot below, once again showing Deep Rock Galactic and you'll notice the Steam Deck Playable rating shown. However, to see this, you need to expand the details view with the information icon to the right of the page:
See the full desktop changelog here.
The Steam Deck also had a Beta update with these changes:
- Fixed a case where the wrong FPS limit could be applied on startup.
- Fixed a case where the controller input thread could operate at normal instead of high scheduling priority.
- Fixed styling on the login error screen and made the retry button accessible to the gamepad.
- Added the ability to sort by date added to library to shelves and game grids.
- Added a setting to display timestamps in the Steam console window.
- Changed Steam console window to keep the last several seconds of output even if that would exceed the normal buffer length.
- Fixed command echo sometimes appearing on the same line as the previous output.
- Fixed clear_console command not doing anything.