Releasing on August 17th from developer Weather Factory, BOOK OF HOURS is an "elegant, melancholy, combat-free RPG set in an occult library" and it certainly looks different.
From the creator of Cultist Simulator, it's going to offer up they say around 20 - 40 hours of sweet peace as you organise books and customise your new home, all while peeling away centuries of history from the occult stones about you. Sounds peculiar and quite interesting.
Check out the brand new final trailer:
In the game you will:
- ACQUIRE, RESTORE and CATALOGUE occult books, scrolls and curiosities.
- STUDY the nine Wisdoms, and conquer the nine Elements of the Soul.
- GUIDE visitors who come seeking your assistance, choosing their paths and stories.
- EXPLORE the Secret Histories and the pantheon of Hours that rules them.
- RESTORE a vast crumbling edifice built on the foundations of an ancient abbey.
- WREST your past from obscurity. Choose from nine different Legacies which determine who you are. You might be a Magnate, abandoning wealth to seek peace. Or an Archaeologist, fleeing the curse you awoke. Or perhaps your origins are more esoteric, like the Symurgist, or Twiceborn? Each playthrough offers different opportunities.
Speaking to Lottie Bevan of Weather Factory via email, they confirmed Linux support very clearly just like their previous game mentioning "Absolutely. It'll be available on native Linux at launch. :)".