Did you enjoy Unforeseen Incidents from Backwoods Entertainment? They've revealed their new title We Stay Behind, a single-player third-person mystery between dreams and reality. It's currently funding on Kickstarter, and they've again teamed up with Application Systems Heidelberg for the publishing and marketing.
More about it: "A comet is on course to obliterate the small town of Laburnum Creek. Renowned writer Laura Tanner visits the former health resort to interview several inhabitants who are refusing to leave. But there’s something rotten at the heart of this picturesque town. Curious characters and surreal encounters await Laura in an enigmatic journey between dreams and reality. Will Laburnum Creek cast its spell over her too? Or will she jeopardize everything to uncover the truth?"
- Experience a surreal tale of mystery where dreams and reality intersect.
- Explore an interactive story about repressed trauma and buried secrets.
- Guide the protagonist’s choices and re-shape her perception of the world.
- Enjoy a puzzle-free experience in a beautiful, stylized 3D environment.
- Meet compelling and quirky characters, fully voiced by talented actors.
In regards to Native Linux support they said:
We're making builds for macOS and Linux all the time and we hope that we will be able to optimize the game to release it for these platforms with reasonable system requirements. We'll see what we can do later in the development process and we are convinced that there is some room for improvement.
We did release Unforeseen Incidents on Mac and Linux and those two platforms are highly important to us.