Valve has rolled out two updates for the Beta Branch of the Steam Deck within two days, August 17th and August 19th. The August 17th update addresses General, Library, and Desktop mode issues. While the August 19th update addresses Desktop Mode and Steam Input issues. Full list of changes will be added below, separated by day with links to each list.
- Fixed a case where non-steam games could disappear from the library.
- Fixed some screenshot thumbnails on the activity feed not being properly obscured when marked as spoiler
- Fixed windows being able to set minimum sizes larger than their display dimensions.
- Possible fix for a case where the On-Screen Keyboard could break controller input in games using the desktop overlay.
- The overlay tabbed browser will now wait until the overlay has been activated for the first time before restoring saved tabs.
- Added an option to In Game settings that allows toggling whether overlay browser tabs will be restored when starting a game.
- Reduced lag when switching between pages in the "Edit Layout" view for configurations with large numbers of action sets/layers/mode-shifts
Keep in mind that these changes are for Beta and Preview Branch users only. So if you're on Stable you'll need to change your Branch to one of those two. If you do choose to update however, sound off below if these changes have fixed any issues you've been having.
The desktop Steam Beta client also had similar updates.