What do beekeeping and ocean exploration have in common? Well they will both be in the APICO 3.0 update that's planned to arrive this "fall".
Update 3.0: What Lies Beeneath invites you to dive into the crystal blue ocean waters surrounding the APICO archipelago and explore its depths. New areas, forageables, quests, and new bees are yours to discover deep bee-low the watery abyss. Check out the trailer below:
What's coming in the 3.0 update:
- New areas: Dive deep down to the bottom of the ocean and discover a new bee-ome with new areas to explore that include deep-sea flora and fauna, a coral reef system, and more!
- New Bees: Discover, collect, build homes and breed new species of bees found only at the furthest depths of the ocean, and collect their resources for craftables and quests.
- New Quests: Harness the help of your newfound bee friends to restore the damaged coral reef system and clean up underwater pollution to help the bee-cosystem and its inhabitants thrive.
- New Fishing Mechanic: Skipper’s dad, Captain, arrives at the archipelago to teach you the ins and outs of a new mechanic — fishing!
- And More: New quality-of-life improvements, including a newly added trash can and nearby chest auto-deposit, will help your beekeeping bee-come more efficient than ever!
This is a really lovely game to play through. Relaxing, sweet and just a nice game to relax with so this expansion certainly has my eyes glued to it. Even sweeter is that when you buy it a portion of the proceeds go towards bee conservation.
It has Native Linux support and is Steam Deck Verified.