Stardew Valley is still not completely done, with a 1.6 update on the way and now the developer has revealed some of what to expect from it.
No surprise to see ConcernedApe continue to come back to the game, since it clearly has a lot of people enjoying it. Just today it had a peak player count of 31,593 playing on Steam at the same time. Pretty incredible for an indie game released in 2016.
Mentioned on X/Twitter the developer listed these coming to the 1.6 update:
- A new major festival.
- Two new mini festivals.
- New late-game content, which expands on each of the skill areas.
- New items and crafting recipes.
- Joja alternatives to some of the end-game quests.
- 100+ new lines of dialogue.
- Winter outfits for the villagers.
- New type of reward for completing billboard requests.
- Support for 8 player multiplayer (PC only).
- Many small additions and adjustments.
- New farm type.
- New secrets & more.