Whisker Squadron: Survivor is a great blending of Star Fox with some elements of Vampire Survivors. It's a lot of fun and a new update has expanded the content. It's available with Native Linux support and it's Steam Deck Verified!
"From the creators of RACE THE SUN comes Whisker Squadron: Survivor! Blast off on a perilous space epic in your customizable ship to defeat The Swarm once and for all. Continuously fight off waves of enemies in close quarters, upgrade your ship after each attempt, and most importantly, survive."
Here's what's new:
- New world: Translink Evacuation
- New Item: Pulse Wave
- Improved Gatling Gun sounds
- Fixed bug where beating Zone 10 for a world wasn't properly recorded.
- Fixed 'Bug Exterminator' and 'Skeleton Key achievements.
- 'Fatal Collision' mod no longer kills you if you hit an explosion.
I did a previous video of it on Steam Deck as it's so much fun see below:
In regards to getting more content into the game to give runs more depth, the developer recently mentioned that's going to be their focus for the next 2 months. They're hoping to add in a new category of items, revisit existing items and rethink special attributes of ships to improve it.
Check it out on Steam in Early Access.