After once again making it safe to take off your headset, Valve put up another SteamVR 2.0 Beta update focused on fixing up more problems and hopefully making it work better.
Here's the latest changes from October 4th:
- Show Multitasking View button on Desktop windows.
- Fixed scaling issues with floating dashboard overlays.
- Fix for SetSkyboxOverride always showing only the last texture.
- Speed up initial load of all web views (settings, etc.)
- Fix issues caused by running vrstartup from a different SteamVR install when SteamVR is already running.
- Further laser pointer double-click refinements.
- Laser pointer no longer jumps when you switch input devices.
- Laser pointer is more consistent when dragging outside of overlays.
- Typing emojis works in Desktop view.
- Move Dashboard slightly further away.Linux:
- Fix new VR gamepad UI rendering with a flipped Y-axis.
- Fix runtime configuration to launch in Steam Linux Runtime 3.0 (sniper), addressing startup issues on some systems.
- Fix vrcompositor to launch under legacy scout runtime, addressing startup issues on some systems.
- Fix SteamVR Home to launch under legacy scout runtime.
Sadly, their changes still don't seem to have solved SteamVR 2.0 Beta working for me, it just won't load up as noted in this bug report. Hopefully Valve will find the cause of what's stopping it working on some Linux systems like mine, so I can actually go through full testing of it with my Index because otherwise it's an expensive paperweight right now.
Is it working for you? How have you been getting on with SteamVR 2.0 Beta? Let me know in the comments.