Featuring a mixture of real-time strategy, city-building, resource gathering and… medieval dinosaurs. Well then, that's definitely a unique mixture and Dinolords went right into my wishlist. Coming from developer Northplay and Ghost Ship Publishing it ticks a lot of the right weird boxes for me.
More about it:
As you take command, you'll gather resources, hunt and tame the land. You'll use your resources to build a thriving settlement, attracting villagers and automating resource gathering and production. You'll construct and upgrade specialist buildings that'll keep your growing population happy and ready to be trained and enlisted in your army.
Man the ramparts
Construct fortifications and man the ramparts as the enemy attacks with an arsenal of fierce dinosaurs. A shocking new age in medieval warfare. Participate in these battles with strategic commands to your troops and keep your own sword and bow ready. Dinolords merges the strategy of RTS with the immersion of an Action RPG in a brew that's both nostalgic and entirely new.
- A modern genre hybrid with a player controlled protagonist in a realtime strategy setting
- Gather resources, automate, refine and craft goods and weapons
- Build a medieval city with housing, production and specialist buildings
- Build impressive fortifications with a modular castle system
- Command units and participate in epic medieval battles
Doesn't look like it will support Linux directly, but no doubt it will work with Proton so I'll be happily taking a look when it enters Early Access at some point. It looks too ridiculous to ignore! Can't wait to see some armored-up dinos smashing through my walls — hilarious.
Follow it on Steam.