Hearts of Iron IV: Arms Against Tyranny is the latest main expansion for the popular historical strategy game from Paradox Interactive bringing with it plenty of new toys.
"The northernmost countries of Europe take center stage as they resist, unite against or collaborate with more powerful and aggressive neighbors. Sometimes, winter is your only ally. Relive the dramatic Finnish struggle against Soviet invasion, plot a neutral course powered by arms trading or explore alternate histories for Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden. Arms Against Tyranny also adds more decisions about the production of weapons, giving players newer tools to test their mastery of modern warfare." — Paradox
- New Finnish National Focus Tree: Walk the diplomatic tightrope of a democratic nation trapped between threats, develop a capable defensive army, or pursue alternate historical paths of collaboration with the neighboring tyrants.
- New Swedish National Focus Tree: Resource rich and fiercely independent, Sweden can be the center of a unified Scandinavian resistance, or a game-changing ally in the ongoing battle of ideologies.
- New Danish and Norwegian Focus Trees: With the benefit of hindsight, can you prepare these small nations for the storm of war that is about to wash upon their shores?
- Military Industrial Organizations: Customize your armaments industry by encouraging national corporations to specialize in the types of weapons and technology you desire for your armed forces.
- International Arms Market: Become the quartermaster of the world by selling arms and equipment to the warring nations, receiving civilian factory capacity in return.
- And more: New unit art, 10 new songs, customization of Special Forces units and greater divisional specialization.
Will you be picking it up?