Dome Keeper was already pretty great. Giving you a mixture of mining, exploration, base-building and tower defense and now it's quite a lot bigger with a free update out now.
The Double Dome Update was launched on October 5th adding in two entirely new dome types with different armaments, and a new Dome Supplements system that changes how you do upgrades to make it a lot more interesting across all dome types. Have a look at their new trailer:
Some of the new content includes:
- Added Artillery Dome.
- Added Tesla Dome.
- Added custom sprites for all primary gadgets per dome.
- Replaced cobalt branches in dome tech trees with a new system, the dome supplements.
- Added a new chamber type, the power core chambers. Retrieve the core inside to receive a supplement.
- Added 6 dome supplements.
- Added run modifier that lets you get 3 dome supplements instead of only one.
- Added "mine view", where you can watch the mine you dug out after finishing a run and even show the resources you missed.
- Added run modifier that lets you play completely without monsters.
- Added classic "Dome Romantik" palette (orange, blue, purple).
Dome Keeper has Native Linux support and it is Steam Deck Verified. Seems the update has pulled in a lot more players too, with the player-count jump from around 200 to over 2,000 so that's nice to see for the developer. It's currently rated
Very Positive on Steam from over 7,000 user reviews.