Turns out my RSS reader broke and so I missed a bunch of great stuff recently, like a brand new stable public release of the excellent OpenRA game engine for classic RTS games like Command & Conquer, Red Alert and Dune 2000.
- Four newly supported Red Alert missions.
- Two newly supported Command & Conquer Covert Operations missions.
- Added support for assets installation from GOG and Steam (including Flatpak Steam).
- Added a player vote-kick system ingame.
- Red Alert: Added player names next to the super weapon timers.
- Dune 2000: Added smoke effects to damaged vehicles.
- Added an option to prefer the dedicated GPUs on Linux laptops when starting via the .desktop menu entry.
- A number of additions for modders and people using OpenRA for original games. Like an option for units to target themselves.
- More work towards supporting C&C: Remastered.
- Lots and lots of bug fixes.
Love to see OpenRA continue to flourish. Be sure to also check out D.O.R.F. Real-Time Strategic Conflict that's being made with OpenRA.