Valve put up some nice bug fixes in the latest Preview and Beta updates for the Steam Deck, here's a run over what's new and improved for you.
Some of you may have noticed, at times, the Steam and Quick Access menu would refuse to appear and just instantly vanish. Something that was annoying me a fair bit recently but this latest update should solve it. It's been a problem for quite a while, so good to see it finally solved!
From the October 20th changelog:
- Fixed a case where the Main Menu or the Quick Access Menu would be immediately dismissed after opening.
- Fix a case where the client would fail to handle some open URL requests.
- Fixed small mode dimensions not restoring correctly if previously sized smaller than the minimum large mode dimensions
- Fixed resize grip showing sometimes when windows are maximized
- Fix for new Gyro to Joystick modes not applying Horizontal/Vertical settings, or Axis inversion settings or Rotation Output settings.
Valve also continues expanding the Gyro options for Steam Input from the October 19th changelog:
- Modal dialogs now dismiss when you click the background.
- Fix for PlayStation DualShock 4 gyro sensitivity over Bluetooth for new Gyro Modes.
- New Gyro Mode: "Gyro to Joystick (Deflection)". This is most appropriate for simulating Steering and Flight Yokes. This mode will eventually replace Gyro "Joystick". It is the last replacement mode for Gyro functionality. It shares the common Gyro Natural angles system.
- Added "Joystick Power Curve" slider to both "Gyro to Joystick (Camera)" and the new "Gyro to Joystick (Deflection)" modes. This allows you to counteract the response curve that many games employ for better precision.