Valve released another update to the Steam Deck, the desktop Steam client and SteamVR. Here's a run over what's changed for you including a needed startup fix for Steam Deck.
The Steam Deck Beta changelog available in Beta and Preview:
- Fix a case where the Steam client could get stuck in 'Verifying Files' during startup.Steam Input
- Re-implemented "Lock Extents" for Gyro To Joystick Deflection mode. Rotating the controller further than maximum deflection angle in any direction from the center point results in dragging the center point.
- Fix for Gyro Deflection Mode: Joystick output was not centering when gyro disabled.
- Fix for stale antidrift values being loaded from the cloud.
- Fix for DualShock 4 autocalibration not working unless on the calibration screen.
- Temporary Fix for SIAPI GetMotionData and legacy gyro modes using a buggy version of the sensor fusion quaternion.
- Fixed a UI error in the controller settings when a controller hasn't been mapped yet
- Added the ability to bind the capture button on the Google Stadia controller
The desktop Steam client had this one extra fix noted (it shares the Steam Input changes above): "Fix a case where the steam client window would fail to display" and then SteamVR 2.0 Beta also had these changes:
- Fixed the dashboard UI not working if Steam is in a Logged Out state (e.g. asking you to pick a user.)
- UI takes up full width of the display in several cases where it was being centered such as the Friends tab.
Valve also continue to try and fix up SteamVR 2.0 Beta for Linux, so it might work a little better for you now but plenty of issues still remain. There's discussion on Valve's GitHub about an update on it not launching here.