Another Beta update has landed for SteamVR 2.0, and this time it seems at least the initial startup issues may now be solved for most VR gamers on Linux.
The issue of it not launching now seems solved, with my own testing using the Valve Index today allowing me to get in and actually play some Beat Saber. However, other issues do remain like a 303 error appearing when you launch (which you can just dismiss) and the old interface being given instead of the new one. At least it actually works now though.
From the October 24th update:
- Dashboard Tabs are now horizontally scrollable if you add a large amount of desktop windows or dashboard overlays.
- Fixed back button occasionally taking you back twice.Library
- Filter options won't show Steam Deck compatibility filters when viewing from VR.SteamVR Home
- Fixed navigation to Workshop item details pages.Linux
- Fix an issue that prevented SteamVR from starting on Debian/Ubuntu systems.
It's Beta for a reason of course, but I'm very much looking forward to properly giving the SteamVR 2.0 new UI a run through once they solve the other issues.