We have another fresh Steam Hardware & Software Survey for October 2023 and the results show that Simplified Chinese as a language on Steam has another sharp jump resulting in some odd results. Be sure to check out our Steam Tracker.
This is the second month in a row we've seen Simplified Chinese jump up. This time it shows it at 45.93% (+13.71%), which for a single month is pretty huge swing. This has resulted in Windows 10 64 bit hitting 65.58% (+7.61%), sitting well above Windows 11. Every time this uptick in Simplified Chinese use on Steam happens, it brings down the results of everything else. Previously we saw that Valve reported it as an error but this time it may not be, it could just be a case of people using VPNs to access Steam normally - we just don't know.
So right now here's the main results:
- Windows 97.43% +0.49%
- Linux 1.39% -0.24%
- macOS 1.19% -0.24%
On the Linux side these are the most used distributions on Steam:
- SteamOS Holo 64 bit (Steam Deck) 42.31% -0.73%
- Arch Linux 64 bit 7.54% -0.55%
- Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS 64 bit 6.73% +0.24%
- Freedesktop.org SDK 23.08 (Flatpak runtime) 64 bit 5.73% +5.73%
- Manjaro Linux 64 bit 3.95% +0.04%
- Linux Mint 21.2 64 bit 3.93% +0.26%
- Other 29.81% -4.98%
All the details can be seen on Steam.