Valve has released a fresh Beta and Preview update for the Steam Deck, which tweaks some existing features like the refresh rate and frame limit sliders to merge them into one slider to rule them all.
So now the performance menu by default will look like this on SteamOS 3.5 Preview:
However, you can disable this if you wish in the Display Settings to get it back to the original split-slider:
The full changelog:
- Fix visual glitches when dismissing a context menu in main BPM UI while a game is running
- Adjusted size/layout of the controller support information section in the configurator
- Fixed the "Enable Steam Input" button not being shown on Deck when manually opting controllers out of Steam Input
- Default shortcuts into Steam Input in the new PlayStation controller support mode instead of requiring each one to be manually opted in.
- Unified the Refresh Rate and Framerate Limit settings in the Performance tab into a single slider. Using a single slider will enable the system to pick options that were previously not exposed, e.g. frame tripling a 20FPS game to display it on a 60Hz screen.
- Added a toggle to opt-out of the unified refresh rate slider to Settings->Display->Advanced.
What do you think to these changes?