Absolutely one of the wildest and most interesting roguelikes I've ever had the pleasure of playing, Caves of Qud has a massive update out now with full gamepad and Steam Deck support. Every time I jump into Qud I'm amazed by it!
"Caves of Qud is a science fantasy roguelike epic steeped in retrofuturism, deep simulation, and swathes of sentient plants. Come inhabit an exotic world and chisel through layers of thousand-year-old civilizations. Decide: is it a dying earth, or is it on the verge of rebirth?"
The developers mention this year-long patch brings a lot to the game including:
- Arrival of the Girsh Nephilim, 7th plague of the Gyre, mythic beings whose cradles are tucked throughout the caves of Qud as five new dungeons
- Next leg of the main quest: a climactic battle with the Putus Templar at the foot of the Spindle
- Finalized, fully native gamepad and Steam Deck support
- Hundreds of new visual and sound effects
- New UI for the hotbar & Abilities screen and new icons for every ability
- New creatures (mechs!), skills, furniture, items, implants, and more
We even have a fancy new trailer to show it off:
Caves of Qud has Native Linux support and it is Steam Deck Verified.