British humour, there's nothing like it, no you won't change my mind on that. Go and play the demo of Heir of the Dog right now. An upcoming release from Tall Story Games who previously made Lucy Dreaming and Hair of the Dog.
Confused? Hold on. Hair of the Dog and Heir of the Dog? What's going on here then? Hair of the Dog is their older free game, made in under two weeks for a Game Jam but they're coming back to the world for a full proper game in Heir of the Dog.
Inspired by Robert Louis Stevenson’s classic Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, Heir of the Dog invites you on a hilarious romp through the dark streets and back alleys of Victorian London, where you’ll discover talking lice, cannibalism, a secret society and rather a lot of dogs.
Replete with intricate, witty, and sardonic storytelling, Heir of the Dog, tells the story of bachelor and upper class twit, Cummerbund Bandersnatch. When visiting his uncle's laboratory, Bandersnatch discovers an experimental new formula guaranteeing a ‘good time’ for whoever drinks it. Seduced by the promises listed in his uncle's journal, he drinks the strange elixir and undergoes a monstrous transformation. Life will never be the same again.
- Hilarious dialogue and narrative.
- Atmospheric and nostalgic pixel art style.
- Play as man, beast or dog and experience the extra senses and dirty habits they entail.
- Manipulate time to solve puzzles and discover new abilities.
- Uncover Victorian London’s most mysterious secret society.
- Single player gameplay.
- Choose between classic point & click or intuitive character-based movement.