Developer Jakub Dąbrowski may need to work on their game naming, but at least the gameplay looks like it's a lot of fun in An Amazing Wizard.
Currently in development with a demo available on Steam (Native Linux support), it's a 2D fast-paced, metroidvania inspired rogue-lite featuring a procedurally generated world, over 250 upgrades, 7 different characters, over 100 spells to wield and going by the trailer it looks actually great with some pretty chaotic action going on. I'm getting a Dead Cells meets Skul: The Hero Slayer vibe with this one.
Have a look below:
- PROCEDURALLY GENERATED WORLD - Explore a unique world every time you play.
- ACTION ROGUEVANIA - This means permanent deaths where you lose everything you have found, but there are lots of permanent upgrades available.
- 250+ PERMANENT UPGRADES - Upgrade your starting items or statistics, add more elements to the world, increase your chances of finding better items and many more!
- 7 PLAYABLE CHARACTERS - Unlock and play as one of the 7 Elemental Wizards!
- ENCHANT YOUR SPELLS - Search for Astral Forges to add enchantments to all your Spells and Magic Weapons to add some special effects to them!
- 250+ UNIQUE ARTIFACTS - Every artifact has it's own special use. A lot of them change your Basic Spell behavior or add special abilities. Literally countless combinations.
- 100+ POWERFUL SPELLS - Cast Fire Balls or Tornados, Summon Creatures, Slow Time, Create Gravity Zones and many, many more...
- DOZENS OF MAGIC WEAPONS - Use one of many Magic Weapons to help you survive!
- 5 NONLINEAR LEVELS - Only 5 levels? Yes, but each time you die you will respawn in one of the four nature-inspired worlds and face other enemies based on the current biome. Levels order is never the same!
- FEW DIFFICULTY LEVELS - Every time you kill the end boss, you will gain the possibility to change the difficulty level and face stronger foes.
- MANY BOSSES - After every level you will have to face a merciless boss.
- LEVEL UP YOUR CHARACTER - Gain Experience Points for killing enemies. Select one of dozens of perks after leveling up to make you even stronger!
- A LOT OF SECRETS AND MYSTERIES TO DISCOVER - No spoilers!
- HOURS OF FUN - This one depends on your skill. Something about 50 - 80 hours or even more!
- MULTIPLE SAVE SLOTS
What do you think to this one?