Unvanquished, the free and open source strategy-shooter mix, has released version 0.54.1 bringing with it some much needed improvements to continue building on. In the announcement the developers noted this technical update was to bring "various much-needed and long-overdue fixes".
- Some rendering fixes.
- Some fixes for memory leaks.
- WebP update to address a security issue.
- A fix for a bug affecting Windows when display scaling is enabled.
- Better bots.
- Server browser properly displaying and parsing the server tag (things like officials and featured servers).
- Messages telling why the user disconnected from the server.
- Server browser properly listing servers on some mobile broadband networks which were dropping our serverinfo packets.
- Improved performance with the ground fire effect.
If you've not heard of it before: It's a fork of the classic Tremulous. A free and open-source first-person strategy game shooter, pitting technologically advanced human soldiers against hordes of highly adaptable aliens. Players can choose from either team, providing for an entirely different experience on both sides, as humans focus on long-range firepower while aliens rely instead on quick movement and stealth. The goal of each match is to destroy the enemy base, preventing members of the opposing team from spawning. Upgrades for both teams are earned by a combination of individual performance and team map control, unlocking access to more powerful weapons and equipment for the humans, and larger, more ferocious forms for the aliens.
See more on the official site.