City-builder fans may want to keep an eye on this one. Pressing Thumbs Games just revealed Times of Progress, a classic city-builder set during the Industrial Revolution.
"Place industries to extract the natural resources that the land offers. Connect them with the transport infrastructure and make sure that they have access to the local workforce. Progress towards providing secondary goods and services to your population, while balancing the issues that arise from the expanding city."
Looks pretty cosy, check out the initial announcement trailer below:
- Procedurally generated maps.
- Randomised starting conditions to choose from.
- Quick and intuitive road and railway placement.
- Automatic order and dispatch of products.
- Modifiable terrain to reach new areas.
- Trading mechanic with AI controlled cities.
- Randomised goals and rewards to choose from.
- High replayability.
For the nerds: it's made with the free and open source Bevy Engine.
Follow and wishlist on Steam.