After a good few years in Early Access, The Universim from Crytivo is finally set to hit the big 1.0 with some fun new features. This was announced along with a new trailer (below) that the 1.0 release will happen on January 22nd, 2024.
"The Universim 1.0 isn't just a game; it's a living, breathing universe at your fingertips. Prepare to immerse yourself in an experience where your choices shape the destiny of entire civilizations and the balance of entire planets. You’ll be able to launch Nuggets into the space age! This update brings end-game content to life with more technology to unlock in the research tree, new planets to explore (or exploit for resources), and so much more!" — Crytivo
Some of what's coming with the 1.0 release:
- Unlimited Space Exploration: Unlock the space map and colonize any number of planets you desire. Each planet, from Toxic and Ice to Lava or Terrestrial, presents unique conditions and challenges.
- Resource-Rich Planets: Discover planets teeming with valuable resources essential for the expansion and prosperity of your Nugget civilization.
- Enhanced Narration: More voice-over lines add fun and functionality, providing entertaining commentary and critical updates on your civilization's status. More than 600 new voiced lines by our favorite narrator.
- Complete Storyline: Embark on a journey to discover your true self with a fully developed storyline, adding depth and context to your gameplay. Even after the story concludes, continue to expand and evolve in the endless universe.
- Space Age and Advanced Technologies: Launch your Nuggets into the space age and unlock more technology in the research tree, expanding your reach across the cosmos.
- Enhanced User Interface: Enjoy a more intuitive and user-friendly UI, making your journey through space and time smoother and more enjoyable.
- Game Balance Changes: We've fine-tuned game mechanics for a balanced and rewarding experience, ensuring each decision has meaningful impact.
- Bug Fixes and Optimizations: We've squashed bugs and optimized performance for a seamless gaming experience.
I've been playing it on and off for years, always intrigued by the setting and every time it sucked me in with quite a few hours so it's going to be fantastic to see it finally finished after waiting so long. The Universim was originally funded on Kickstarter too all the way back in 2014!