Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is a much loved classic that continues to live on thanks to the Jazz² Resurrection project, with a new release that went live recently bringing Flatpak support.
I must admit I missed the boat on this one. People mention it to me every time it has an update, so it clearly has a few fans. Perhaps you have fond memories of it and didn't know it existed either — well, now you do.
Here's what's in the latest update:
- Added Flatpak package and published on Flathub
- Added player weapon flare
- Added Reforged HUD and Reforged Main Menu as separate options
- Added Load gamepad mappings also from config directory if exists
- Added Don't show custom levels that should be hidden
- Improved Gameplay Enhancements menu section
- Improved Various internal performance optimizations
- Fixed Fish and LabRat enemies
- Fixed Airboard
- Fixed horizontal Spring orientation in some levels
- Fixed alignment of some level messages
- Fixed crash while rendering a lot of particles
- Fixed jumping out of water in some levels
- Fixed some cases where symbolic link to file couldn't be used
It does require the original game to run which you can pick up on GOG.com.