Heroic Games Launcher is the best way to manage games from Epic Games, GOG and Amazon on Linux and Steam Deck and Heroic Games Launcher v2.12.0 is out now. This new release brings with it a whole bunch of improvements across the entire app.
One exciting experimental feature is the automatic install of tweak from Winetricks, enabling more games to work properly out of the box without you needing to mess with anything. It's available via Settings > Advanced > Experimental Features, as they're currently testing it and building up a list of games that needs the tweaks done.
Some of the other improvements include:
- Sorting favourites alphabetically.
- Add an 'only' action to select one store/platform only.
- Showing a progress bar in the task bar for various app activity.
- Show Genres and Release date on Game Page.
- Fixed up DXVK-NVAPI installation.
- A fix to ignore Gamescope if enabled and not found instead of just failing.
- A new offline support filter.
- Open main window when clicking the Tray icon.
- Install EOS overlay by default to prevent some game errors.
- + Various other UI improvements and bug fixes.
Full release notes here.
From one what of their developers said, the big overhaul to their GOG support will arrive in the next major version 2.13.
Check out more about Heroic on the official site.