Love horde-slaying reverse bullet-hell survival games like Vampire Survivors? Noxious Weeds is another that's now available in Early Access and it comes with Native Linux support. Note: the developer sent a key to the GOL Steam Curator.
Basically, this is VS with very angry plants as enemies along with a day and night cycle, and during the day you get to rescue cute little veggies to help out. Nice and inviting, colourful and has a sweet farming setting. That's about as good a description as I can offer. Currently though, there's not really a huge amount different to VS and other survivor-like games.
It has the fun factor but is that enough when there's just oh-so-many similar games? Tough to answer fully. Right now, it feels like it needs more time in the oven to really add in more of a unique pull of which there isn't really enough of one.
During Early Access they said clearly they plan to add in more "Characters, Tools, Harvest items, and Game modes" — so hopefully they manage to add in a proper unique pull for it.
- Resist waves of enemies through nights and days.
- 20 minutes play sessions.
- A variety of upgradeable Tools to wipe out the swarm once and for all. Your belt can carry a maximum of 6; your choices will change the outcome.
- Rescue and team up with the cutest companions. Some will heal you, while others will fight at your side.
- Collect the perfect crop combination to achieve game-breaking builds.
- Accessibility. Tweak monsters' health, speed, and damage to better suit your play style.