If you have a system you wish to try out Linux on for gaming be it an Apple Mac, a PC with Windows or anything else - perhaps give winesapOS a little try as you might find this SteamOS-like distribution to your liking. It offers up a portable solution with persistent storage, so you can load it up on a USB drive and take it anywhere
The main developer, Luke Short, emailed in about some major changes and improvements that have arrived with winesapOS version 3.4.0.
Highlights of some improvements in v3.4.0 include:
- Game Mode (Gamescope session - Steam Big Picture) support for Steam and Open Gamepad UI.
- Improved hardware support:
- Lots of new hardware support: Intel Arc dGPUs, Lenovo Legion Go, GPD Win 4, iPhone tethering, racing wheels, Razer accessories, and improved support for older AMD dGPUs.
- Downloading the operating system has been simplified:
- Instead of extracting 3 to 7 parts of a split-up zip file (due to GitHub Release hosting constraints), we now provide a single zip file for each image type. This has been the biggest complaint that they finally addressed.
- A Recovery console to help you fix boot problems.
- + much more in the release notes.
Check it out on the GitHub page.