Inspired by Fuze Studios' Left 2 Die for Roblox, Left 4 Dead 2 just got a huge new mod campaign for you to play through with Cold Front and it looks great. Released on January 9th it's quite impressive and supports co-op, versus and mutations too.
"After fighting their way North through ravenous hordes, Nick, Coach, Ellis, and Rochelle abandon their boat at a nearby dock due to a collapsed bridge. With nowhere else to go, the survivors head inland in hopes of finding rescue. Unbeknownst to them, the frostbite will be the least of their worries."
Cold Front features many new ideas and overhauls of established concepts found in the base game.
- 5 full-length maps, on par with the longest campaigns from the base game.
- Varied and interesting environments; Each map takes you through different locations.
- A fresh new theme not often seen; Brace the storm before the horde.
- Fully customized talker scripts for brand new conversations and reactions.
- An interactable world: Various things around the map can actually be used!
- Dynamic finale; Influenced by your skills, you have multiple ways to escape.
- Enhanced storm mechanic - Just like Hard Rain, but more impactful.
- Custom soundtracks created specifically for this project by talented musicians.
- Hundreds of custom and unique Infected that match the campaign’s theme.
- Over 300 custom voicelines recorded by skilled voice actors.
- Thorough balancing for all difficulties - You won’t need director tips, just follow the flow.
- Plenty of eastereggs and references to search for and discover.
- And lots more.
Check it out on the Steam Workshop.
Looks like a really good one to check out while the never-ending waiting for Left 4 Dead 3 continues. Come on Valve, give us what we want!