shapez 2 is a huge expansion over the original 2D shape-cutting factory sim, now in full 3D with a lot more features and there's now a demo available to try it out.
A top-down factory-building game where you extract and process geometric shapes. Each shape is its own set of building-blocks that your factories can take apart, stack, paint and put back together in unique ways. Build and automate to produce distinct shapes and solve the production challenge of each goal. I must admit, it looks pretty great - love what they've done with the idea. Check out the recent trailer below:
Unlike some other similar factory building games, there's no form of enemies. Just pure factory building and automation here. Designed to be beginner-friendly there's no time-limits and resources are unlimited so the limit is very much your imagination to design and redesign as much as you want.
Some of the features:
- Multi-Layer 3D Factories: Design and optimize your factories in a whole new dimension.
- Trains: Connect distant stations with a network of space trains.
- Research System: Unlock buildings, mechanics & upgrades in the all-new tech tree.
- New Shape Mechanics: Discover new shapes types with unique properties and logic.
- Blueprint Library: Save, load, export and share factory design blueprints with anyone.
- All-new Visuals: Build factories and stations in a stunning immersive space environment.
- Fluids: Use different types of liquids to process shapes or boost production.
- Animated Open Buildings: See exactly what's happening inside buildings in your factory.
- Undo/Redo: Up to 50 undo/redo operations.
The Early Access release is planned for later this year.
Try out the Native Linux demo on Steam.