Ready to try another demo? Imponix Game Studio recently launched the demo for their roguelite action-adventure Veil of Shadows, and it has Native Linux support too.
About the game: "Sirene wakes up in a forest with few memories of how she ended up there. Her journey begins by trying to understand what is happening to her and soon having to fight for her survival. Help Sirene understand what is going on and escape this agony.
Prepare for the ultimate test on each map as Sirene seeks to collect elusive memory fragments. Each piece unravels the enigma, propelling you toward a breathtaking climax. Uncover the truth and face destiny head-on!"
- Mysterious Beginnings: Join Sirene, as she awakens in a place shrouded in mystery. She has no recollection of how she got there or what brought her to this enigmatic realm. Your mission? Help her unravel the secrets that surround her and piece together the puzzle of her existence.
- Explore the Unknown: Venture into uncharted territories, each more captivating and treacherous than the last. Every step you take in Veil of Shadows unveils new surprises, challenges, and discoveries. Prepare to be awestruck by the stunning landscapes and hidden wonders.
- Confront the Darkness: The shadows hold terrifying secrets and are inhabited by nightmarish creatures. Stand your ground as you face hordes of diverse monsters in thrilling combat encounters. Can you survive the darkness and emerge victorious?
- Unearth Secrets: Engage in gripping side quests that will lead you deeper into the heart of the narrative. Find Leo 🐾, a worthy companion, that will play an important role in this adventure. Gain valuable experience and develop your character's attributes, empowering you to conquer even the most daunting obstacles.
- Become the Hero: As you progress, you'll transform Sirene into a formidable force, capable of taking on any challenge that comes her way. Embrace the power within and rise to become the ultimate hero.
- Veil of Shadows is more than a game; it's an immersive odyssey that will captivate your senses and test your courage. Are you prepared to uncover the truth lurking in the shadows?
Trying it out brought up an interesting issue. Initially it gave an empty download on my desktop, but it did download just fine on Steam Deck. Checking on SteamDB, it turns out the developer accidentally set the Linux content just for Steam Deck, a special feature Valve added before the Steam Deck launch allowing developers to put up specific Steam Deck content. The developer quickly solved it and now the demo installs fine on desktop and Steam Deck. The opposite issue happened with the game Demon Gaze Extra, where the developer accidentally blocked Steam Deck installs.
Check out the demo on Steam.