Time load up that Steam downloads list because Steam Next Fest is here once again, and there's a whole lot of demos for you to try out. Not only are there plenty of demos but various livestreams will be happening during the event too with developers showing off their games.
Event trailer below:
I've gone through and picked out a few that may be worth your time that I thought seemed really interesting, also noting those that have a Native Linux demo but I'm sure most will run just fine with Proton:
- BORE BLASTERS (Native Linux) - underground mining with a helicopter. Yep, that's a thing.
- Homeworld 3 - War Games Demo - The space sci-fi strategy game Homeworld returns!
- Lightyear Frontier - a peaceful open-world farming adventure with upgradable mechs, whatever will they think of to combine next?
- Planetary Life - a quirky looking planet and life sandbox simulation game.
- PRIM (Native Linux) - a creepy-but-cute point’n’click adventure game full of dark humour.
- Maniac (Native Linux) - GTA meets Vampire Survivors for some real chaos.
- Millennia - could this be the next big Civilization-like? It just might be.
- shapez 2 (Native Linux) - a huge factory building sim that's good for beginners. Cut up lots of shapes and just keep expanding.
- Stormgate - a new RTS from former Blizzard developers.
As usual, if I find anything especially good / fun, they may see their own articles to highlight them directly.
Check out the whole event on Steam.
It's live until February 12th at 10AM PT / 8PM UTC.
If you find some great demos, be sure to come back and give over your suggestions in the comments. Sharing is caring as they say.