AtomTeam are moving on from their Fallout and Wasteland inspired titles ATOM RPG and ATOM RPG Trudograd, onto their next game they just announced with Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy.
They're channelling a bit of Baldur's Gate here, so perhaps if you're eager for more this might be worth keeping an eye on. In fact, they even say it's directly inspired by the likes of Baldur’s Gate 1, Icewind Dale and other classics.
"You take up the mantle of a lonely adventurer on their way to the barely explored land of Nova Drakonia. During your voyage, you are met by a dying man who trusts you with a peculiar artefact that will involve you in an adventure of a lifetime, and a plot that threatens everything you’ve ever known and loved."
There's no trailer yet as it's still in development but we do have some early shots of it (click them to see bigger):
Some of the planned features include:
- A flexible combat engine. Experience battle as a tactician in turn-based combat, or hasten the pace with the real-time with pause (RTwP) mode.
- A classless roleplaying system: each stat combination provides a unique gaming experience, distinctive dialogues, and novel ways to solve quests.
- A classics-inspired yet modern User Interface with large customization possibilities.
- A vast, nonlinear world filled with unique NPCs and multi-solution quests that reward exploration, always offering alternative approaches to satisfy any character build.
- Dozens of hours of exploration, from quiet village hamlets to hidden temples of the ancients, horrid crypts, bizarre dungeons, and otherworldly locales…
You can follow it on Steam.