Originally released in the 90s as a proper real-life game, the CCG (collectible card game) Doomtrooper was revived with a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2017.
The team behind it, Secret Cow Level, was founded by Justin Reynard who worked on some big names like Dungeon Siege III, Fallout: New Vegas and Alpha Protocol. Not only that the original designer of Doomtrooper, Bryan Winter, is also involved to ensure it's good. After raising over thirty thousand dollars, the team at Secret Cow Level have been releasing early builds to backers. You can see a quick teaser below:
It's now getting closer to the release, with the Steam store page now noting they're aiming for a release this Spring. After Valve's Artifact dying very quickly, I've been needing a new CCG to play and this certainly looks like it could fill a nice gap in my gaming time.
- Gameplay based on the 90's Doomtrooper CCG, but re-imagined with a modern flair. Relive your nostalgia for a classic card game!
- Choose from 7 different factions when constructing your deck, each with their own unique cards and playstyle.
- Complete Daily Missions to earn yourself some coins to spend on packs, avatars, card backs and more!
- Try and hold your own in Ranked mode! Work your way up through the ranks to unlock special avatars, titles, and other rewards.
- Challenge a random player in casual Versus mode, or use our Discord features to send a match invite to your friends.
- Play the Single-player Story Modes to unlock special rewards and learn more about the Mutant Chronicles universe.
You can wishlist/follow it on Steam ready for the release.
Since this was missed, it has been added to our dedicated Crowdfunding Page.
Hat tip to NuSuey.