It's been quite a while since we heard much about the Linux version of Cosmic Star Heroine, seems like it may come soon.
For those not too familiar, it's a game that was funded on Kickstarter way back in October of 2013. A Linux version was noted on the Kickstarter, although it didn't say it would be a delayed release. Some delays later, it eventually released in April of 2017 just for Windows.
We last posted about it back in July of last year, where they showed a teaser shot of it running on Linux. Since then we haven't really followed it as nothing really seemed to come of it.
Just recently, at the end of May, a developer posted this in the comments of a recent announcement on Steam:
Mac & Linux ports are still planned and now that we're mostly done with the PS4/Vita versions, they're moving up in priority.
Great to know it's still coming, sad to see it have such a delay, but hopefully we will have it in our hands soon.
Here's what the game features:
- The best of classic and modern RPGs!
- Brisk pacing that respects your time! Save anywhere!
- No separate battle screen! Battles take place directly in the areas that you explore!
- 2D visual style straight from the height of gaming's 16-bit era!
- Animated cutscenes reminiscent of the Sega CD & Turbo Duo era!
- Soundtrack by HyperDuck SoundWorks (Dust: An Elysian Tail, Precipice of Darkness 4)!
- Over 100 minutes of music!
- Multi-character combo techniques!
- Innovative turn-based combat system that focuses on flow & strategy!
- Your own spaceship! Recruit new agents to help your home base grow!