It's time to close up shop and go on another run through the dungeons as Moonlighter has a free update now out. This update originally released last week, with the Linux version only seeing the update today.
New free features included:
- NEW GAME + - Play again the full Moonlighter adventure with more challenging enemies and bosses. To beat the game you will have two new sets of items, the Pirate Weapons, and the Amulets.
- PIRATE WEAPONS - A new full set of weapons that are crafted with dimensional pirates’ knowledge. Those weapons could be enchanted with elemental effects (confusion, poison, fire or electricity) to alter their power.
- AMULETS - Mysterious rings found in the dungeons that will offer new abilities for the players. Be careful, though, because most of them can cause some serious side effects!
- Note: Both the Pirate Weapons and Amulets are exclusive to the NG+ Mode!
- GAME SLOTS - Now, you'll be able to have more than one game slot in the game.
- QUICK-SELLING MIRROR - Tired of selecting each item to be sold? Now, you'll be able to select the mirror and simply click over the elements you want to sell.
They do have more planned for the game, which can be seen on the roadmap here. The Companion Update is next, which will allow you to bring someone along for the ride (an NPC most likely) along with giving you options to customise your game. After that, the Trouble Update will add in some new mini-bosses. They probably will have more, but they don't want to spoil any surprises.
Sadly, it does still have the keyboard input bug on Linux, which is a Unity game engine bug that doesn't happen on every distribution and desktop. So with that issue your mileage may vary. If you're using a gamepad, you shouldn't really have a problem.