Fans of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth [Official Site, Steam], don't spend all your money during the Steam Winter Sale. Next week, one day after the Steam sale has ended, Isaac's "Afterbirth+" expansion will be released. Some of the new features in this second expansion, set to arrive on January 3rd, are:
- "greedier" mode, (This is probably Hard mode for Greed.)
- 62 achievements,
- 5 achievement challenges,
- 2 transformations,
- 60+ items, 20+ trinkets, 10+ pickups,
- 1 player character, (Apollyon?)
- 1 final chapter, 1 boss,
- 200+ rooms,
- 4+ bosses, 5+ enemies/champions,
- victory lap feature, (Continue when finished; info.)
- "bestiary" (A page that tracks your kills.)
Also, it may feature daily runs for Greed mode.
It'll be $9.99 but during the first week of release, players who own "Afterbirth" can buy "Afterbirth+" for $6.66.
Unfortunately, one of the expansion's features will not be available on Linux. In a FAQ post, Nicalis founder Tyrone Rodriguez stated that "mod support tools will only be for Windows". This means that Linux players will not be able to craft their own rooms and enemies. The good news is that playing such mods should work fine on Linux.
How many Isaac achievements do you have?
Are you looking forward to this new "Afterbirth+" expansion? Personally, I can't wait to play it.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month: