The MMO Albion Online [Official Site] just got a midseason patch which contains a rather useful feature for those wanting to change their combat path.
Here's an overview of what's changed:
- Re-Spec Feature
- Rebalancing of Siphoned Energy and Battle Mounts
- Removal of the GvG bonus from Siphoning Mages
- Reduction of the Learning Point spending threshold to 20%
- Introduction of a GvG Training system
- Gear soft caps and other changes to Hellgates
- Various gear and balance tweaks
You can see the update in video form, featuring the always rather charasmatic Game Director, Robin Henkys:
I do love the fact that they do actually bring players into the development process, with their "Albion Online Round Table" where they gather feedback and advice from players, since a lot of their time is spent buried in code. I just hope the group is diverse enough, or else their development feedback can end up with quite a tunnel-vision based on how that group plays it.
This new re-spec feature certainly seems interesting though, giving you the ability to switch up your equipment for whatever reason.
They're also still planning a Steam release, however they don't seem to have set a solid date yet.