Good news vault hunters, the recently released free DLC for both Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel adding in multiple graphical upgrades will be supported in the Linux version.
While I did reach out to Aspyr Media previously, at the time they didn't know what the status would be as it wasn't clear if it was even coming to the PC version. They've since officially confirmed today on Twitter that it will come to Linux:
The Borderlands HD update is coming for Mac and Linux to Borderlands 2 and The Pre-Sequel.
They said to keep an eye on this page for updates.
Great, I don't have a 4K display!
No worries, they did say "improvements can be seen on lower resolution displays as well" due to the multiple upgrades that come with the free DLC like:
- Remastered 4K environment textures, including geometry and skyboxes
- Remastered 4K characters and vehicles
- Remastered 4K weapon meshes and textures
- Improved Anti-Aliasing implementation, including improved edge line implementation
- This includes improved ink line definition and framing/outline around character models
- Improved Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- An improved SSAO method for more realistic ambient lighting.
- Higher Resolution Dynamic Shadows
- Improved quality and smoothness of shadows, especially during movement
Really good news, last thing we want is to have a Linux version of a popular game left behind. So I'm really happy to see Aspyr Media be able to continue supporting their older ports.