Battlevoid: Sector Siege, from the developer of Battlevoid: Harbinger [Official Site] has been announced and the developer said they will be planning a Linux version. It's been in development for a while and it's expected to release after the summer, but no clearer date given yet.
When asked about Linux support again for the newer title, they said:
QuoteYes, Linux will be supported unless something is awfully wrong when we test it.
- A Campaign and skirmish.
- Two game play modes. Domination and Under Siege.
- Fog Of War.
- Command a fleet of up to ~10 ship units and up to ~12 stations.
- Battle for capture points spread across a sector.
- Choose your own crew composition.
- Research new technology.
- Board and capture alien ships and clone them.
- 6 different sector maps.
- All the familiar races from Harbinger, and a new race called "Guardians".
Find the announcement here with lots of screenshots and more info.
I'm excited, as I quite enjoyed the previous title and this one sounds like a greatly expanded experience. You know me, I'm a suck for an RTS especially when it comes to spaceship battles.